    Mike Kohary Guest

    Fake.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Biff Mullins

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    Full-quasi-RGB color.
    No, it is RGB, but not full-RGB at each pixel. If Bayer is monochrome,
    then Foveon measures 3 monochrome values at each pixel (which isn't so
    far from the truth, considering how loose the color separation is).

    JPS, Jul 18, 2004

  3. Full color.
    1 color is known as monochrome.
    Better known as full color pixels.
    Like I said, a tiny 6MP Bayer only has 6M monochrome pixels.

    The Foveon Pro 10M has a WHOPPING 3.43M full color pixels!!!!!!!!!!!

    The only Bayer DSLR that even comes close to the HUGE full color MPs
    of the SD9 is the $5000 Kodak 14/c, but it only has 3.3MP after color
    interpolation. The $8000 Canon 1Ds only has 2.7 full color MPs--not a
    serious option.

    But really, who in their right mind would consider either of those
    fully obsolete digital dinosaurs with the
    Sigma/Foveon/NationalSemiconductor SD9 and SD10 totally dominating the
    digital landscape...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/31155134/original

    Wow.

    George Preddy, Jul 19, 2004
  4. Nope, quasi RGB is most correct

    again, no matter how much you lie, it won't become the truth.

    GK

    grant kinsley, Jul 20, 2004
  5. The Foveon can take color pictures, here's one I found...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/16874900
    Smart not to dispute that.

    George Preddy, Jul 20, 2004
  6. SNIP
    Yeah, I especially like the blue fluorescent socks.
    Colors yes, accurate no.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 20, 2004
  7. Biff Mullins

    JPS Guest

    In message <40fd0ad4$0$566$4all.nl>,
    Look at the rocks in that image and tell me that the SDx cameras or
    converter don't reduce low and medium contrast, and boost high
    pixel-to-pixel contrast? There doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

    JPS, Jul 21, 2004
  8. so can any other digital camera, the interpolation algorithms from the
    sensor data are what make that possible.

    but then you're a twit, so it's all pretty much over your
    comprehension abilities anyway.

    GK

    grant kinsley, Jul 21, 2004
  9. I know that, but you said Foveon could not.

    George Preddy, Jul 24, 2004
  10. No, actually I didn't.

    I said the Sigma uses a quasi RGB sensor system, from that sample it
    will produce a colour photo.

    Please do see a physician and get a cranio-rectal separation
    performed.

    GK

    grant kinsley, Jul 24, 2004
  11. You are still quoted above.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 24, 2004
  12. and your reading comprehension still sucks. The sampling process used
    by the Sigma, and any other digital camera produces a colour picture.

    The sampling process used by Sigma and any other camera does not sense
    the full spectrum of colour.

    Time to consider getting the plunger out and try and unstick your
    noggin from your bum.

    GK

    grant kinsley, Jul 24, 2004
  13. Measuring color directly is a better way to produce a color image than
    sampling color.
    Of course it does, it is the world's only direct image sensor, it
    blows away everything but Leaf at 22MP (Foveon is equivalent to 20-25
    Bayer MPs due to its 13.72MP being blur filter free--this roughly
    doubles effective resolution). Hasselblad choose Foveon over Leaf.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 25, 2004
  16. SNIP
    Good thing you don't understand how stupid that remark is, in the
    context of Digital Camera sensors. And if you do understand, you
    display very immature behavior for a 38 year old.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 25, 2004
  17. SNIP
    Of course, but that requires a spectrophotometer, not a digicam that
    samples trichromatic color, and especially not a Foveon sensor lacking
    the proper prefilters.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 25, 2004
  18. SNIP
    Hasselblad choose Foveon over Leaf.

    Q: Which Hasselblad use a Foveon sensor?
    A: None of them.

    Steve Giovenella (hiding behind one of his monikers), the pathological
    liar, was caught at it again.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 25, 2004
  19. Biff Mullins

    Mike Engles Guest

    Hello

    The concept of ISO in the digital domain is artificial.
    It is really unexposure and letting the processing do the rest.
    It just takes out the guesswork as to the degree of underexposure.
    Film could also be said to be the same, except that there are special
    emulsions for low light photography.

    Mike Engles

    Mike Engles, Jul 25, 2004
  20. and since digital devices work by sampling....

    what was your argument anyway?

    sampling 3 colours at a site is not full spectrum, it's 3 samples.

    sampling at 3 sites/pixel is still sampling, please try and actually
    learn what sampling is.

    grant kinsley, Jul 25, 2004