    Anyone have this lens? Opinions?
    I have an Olympus system and am considering getting it.
    Thanks

    Steven Wandy, Nov 4, 2006

  2. I just got this exact lens with a Four Thirds mount for my Panasonic L1. So
    far, so good. I got it because I wanted to have a fast normal lens that
    would give me a shooting perspective similar to what I had in the bad old
    days with my Minolta SRT-101 with its 50mm f1.2. Like I said, so far, so
    good. I taken several test shots and find that it does give me that very
    shallow depth of field I was looking for. I plan to use it for portraiture
    and still life stuff where I want to have that wonderfully shallow depth of
    field. I do not yet have an opinion of what happens in the corners, as I
    have been deliberately having only the center of the subject be in focus.
    After a photo buddy warned me that Sigma, in his opinion, did not exercise
    the level of quality control he would want, I tested for the ability of the
    lens to auto-focus properly, and paid attention to the quality of the focus
    ring action. Both seemed good to me.

    Bye.

    Steven Wandy, Nov 5, 2006
  4. I had problems with mine in the Amazon: first the autofous wouldn't work
    anymore, then the aperture got stuck. My Nikon lenses performed fine
    there. The Sigma slowly returned to normal operation once it was back at
    <100% humidity for a couple of days. Otherwise I really like this lens.

    Walter

    Walter Hofmann, Nov 7, 2006