    Can you tell me are they worth of the money?
    Im gonna buy 18-125 in a few days and in a month or so i should also buy the 70-300 so i want to know how do they serve you.

    Thanks

    friglob, Feb 5, 2006

  2. friglob

    bmoag Guest

    These are reasonably good lenses for the price for most amateurs. At the
    widest end of the 18-125 expect a certain amount of easily correctable
    distortion.
    I doubt most users would even be aware of the distortion.
    You really ought to check out the 18-200 Sigma/Tamron zooms instead. In my
    experience these have been very reliable lenses, far superior to the 28-200
    type for 35mm slrs, in part because they do not have to cover so large an
    imaging area with a digital sensor. The 18-200s are nowhere near so prone to
    vignetting, flare, softness or low contrast.

    bmoag, Feb 6, 2006

  3. friglob

    Pete D Guest

    The 70-300mm DG APO is the sleeper of the group (the latest with the red
    ring), very nice lens, get one. I understand the 18-200mm is okay but thats
    a bit too much zoom for me.

    Cheers.

    Pete D

    Pete D, Feb 6, 2006
  4. Look at www.photozone.de for reviews of the Sigma 18-125 and the
    18-200's. Overall the 18-125 comes out ahead.

    Michel Souris, Feb 6, 2006