    aperture and focal length set. Has anyone else noticed vignetting, and
    under what circumstances?

    TIA.

    Alan F Cross, Dec 16, 2003

  2. It works fine with the ring on the SD9, I'd imagine the 10D should be ok
    too.

    George Preddy, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Alan F Cross

    David Guest

    Because of the "cropping factor" on the 10D, I haven't had problems with
    vignetting with any lens/adapter/hood yet. You'll probably be OK.

    Dave

    David, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Alan F Cross

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Yes.. I've seen darkening on the corners of a few wide angle shots with my 10D,
    but only a few. It doesn't do it on all of them. I'm guessing I didn't press
    the ring on far enough in these shots.

    With the 10D crop factor, you can get away with the ring in place at the widest
    angle.

    Here's one full sized shot I took using a 10D + Sigma 15-30. The ring was on.

    http://www.pbase.com/image/19390330/large

    P.S.

    Don't even THINK of leaving the ring on if you're planning on using the 15-30
    on a 35mm camera. They aren't lying when they say you have to take it off :)
    The vignetting is very pronounced... The image is framed with a large black
    oval.

    Jim Townsend, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Hey! That's nice. Lovely geometry.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Dec 16, 2003
  6. Alan F Cross

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Thanks David :)

    Jim Townsend, Dec 16, 2003
  7. Alan F Cross

    John Albert Guest

    Jim Townsend writes:
    << Here's one full sized shot I took using a 10D + Sigma 15-30. The ring
    was on. >>
    <http://www.pbase.com/image/19390330/large>

    I responded in the forum since you left no personal address.

    Just wondering, where was this taken?

    - John

    John Albert, Dec 16, 2003
  8. Alan F Cross

    Vlad Guest

    Many thanks, Jim. I had no idea I could leave that ring on with my 10D.

    Learn something new every day...!

    -Vlad

    Vlad, Dec 17, 2003