Sigma 10-20mm DC lens any thoughts

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve Davies, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Steve Davies

    Steve Davies Guest

    Hi to all,

    ( If this is posted twice please excuse )

    I am looking to get a wide angle lens for my Pentax *istDS.

    Currently have attached a Sigma 28 - 70 EX ( f 2.8 ).

    Thinking of the Sigma 10-20mm DC lens

    http://sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3301&navigator=6

    I would appreciate any thoughs on this lens or any other lens that is
    similar.

    Local retailer has the Sigma at AUS $780.

    Steve

    Steve Davies, Jan 5, 2006

  2. Steve Davies

    Charles Self Guest

    Got one Monday, for my *istD. So far, it's excellent, but I've only shot
    about 15 frames with it. I expect to do more later today, if time permits,
    but certainly by this time next week. I absolutely love the coverage: I
    needed it for shooting auto interiors, specifically dashboards where
    clearance was not enough to let the 16-45mm give me the whole dash in a
    single shot. I shot my Dodge Stratus dash the first day, and discovered that
    in that mid-sized car, I'm getting about 8"-10" overall beyond full
    coverage, from the front seat. Exactly what I need.

    Charles Self, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Steve Davies

    Espen Mills Guest

    I like it a lot! Some of my shots with this lens:
    http://foto.no/cgi-bin/bildekritikk/vis_bilde.cgi?id=212107
    http://foto.no/cgi-bin/bildekritikk/vis_bilde.cgi?id=202919 (crop, one
    quarter of the whole image)
    http://foto.no/cgi-bin/bildekritikk/vis_bilde.cgi?id=202843