    widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
    hundreds of P&S copies they had????
    -Rich

    Richard, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Richard

    Black Locust Guest

    Huh? Nothing but widescreen copies of Bruce Alcrappy at the
    Blockbuster's here.

    Black Locust, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Richard

    Codswallop Guest

    Maybe they sold all the widescreen copies?

    Codswallop, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Richard

    madkevin Guest

    At this point I'd like to mention that Rich lives in Toronto, a city of over two
    million people which, one would imagine, probably has more than one video store.

    Kevin "Mapblast" Cogliano

    madkevin, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Richard

    Alan Smithee Guest

    Are you talking about rentalitems or items for sale?

    If the later, maybe they sold out of the WS version... meaning people don't
    want P&S.

    If you're referring to rentals, it might depend on whether your store is a
    franchised store or a corporate store... franchise stores (As far as I know)
    can't order what they want, while corporate stores get what corporate gives
    them (and in my area, this WAS widescreen).

    Alan Smithee
    (Address altered to prevent spamming)

    Alan Smithee, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Yeah, I live in Mississauga, a city adjacent to Toronto, and I must
    say that Blockbuster (and Rogers) is the WORST place to buy DVD's.
    Future Shop and Amazon.ca or DVDsoon.com are MUCH better and cheaper
    Canadian outlets. As for buying used rental DVD's I find the best
    place is a local Mom and Pop rental outlet, always Widescreen if
    available.

    . Steve ...

    Steve(JazzHunter), Dec 10, 2003
  7. Richard

    Klaus Guest

    Yep my Blockbuster is corporate and gets what corporate sends them. On
    several releases I have mentioned to the manager that there are no
    Widescreen and he told me they didn't send him any. He said one of the
    main studios will only send full screen maybe its WB. I no longer to to
    Blockbuster because of this.

    Klaus, Dec 10, 2003
  8. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Sure, I can find other video stores further away, but why should I
    HAVE to? Instead of acting like each Blockbuster is a franchise (which
    they are not) why not some uniformity in what they offer?
    -Rich

    Richard, Dec 10, 2003