Siemens C476IP configuration problem..

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Gordon Henderson, May 16, 2010.

  1. Well, I'm sort of stumped - either than or it's Sunday night and
    I'm just a bit zonked out..

    I'm trying to setup one of these - the scenario is this:

    2 VoIP accounts on 2 different providers - lets call them Home and Office
    (for that's what they are) No analogue and no Giganet thing.

    3 handsets.

    2 are "home" and one is "office".

    So the accounts register OK and I can place outgoing calls over both
    providers from the appropriate handsets - the house ones going out
    via the house SIP account and the office one of that SIP account.

    However for incoming calls it just gets it wrong. I've double-checked the
    assignments in the "Number Assignment" page in the "Handset" setting,
    but it's never ringing the single office phone, even though it has the
    office line ticked for incoming calls.

    Am I doing anything obviously wrong - I've set these up in the past,
    but the last one was about 8 months back, so have I just got a duff
    unit I wonder?

    Any clues appreciated!

    Cheers,

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, May 16, 2010

  2. They have different names - mayby I wasn't too clear on that.

    So - 2 SIP accounts on different servers:

    http://unicorn.drogon.net/gs1.png

    Three handsets:

    http://unicorn.drogon.net/gs3.png

    (with 3 different names)

    and the number/handset routing setup as follows:

    http://unicorn.drogon.net/gs2.png

    Which, if I interpret it correctly should make incoming calls on the
    homeVoip account ring handsets home1 and home2, and incoming calls on
    the officeVoIP account ring handset office only.

    Whats currently happening is that outgoing calls work as expected - the
    2 home handsets send calls out via the homeVoip system and the office
    handset sends call out via the office voipSystem, but incoming... If I
    dial in on the homeVoip system then both home handsets ring as expected
    and the office one is quiet, but if I ring in on the office system then
    both home handsets still ring and the office one is still quiet.

    I'm now going to do a full reset on everything and start completely from
    scratch and see if it makes any difference.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, May 17, 2010

  3. Gordon Henderson

    Bodincus Guest

    (17/05/10 09:14), Gordon Henderson:
    Hi Gordon,

    Can I please see the registration details for the two accounts?
    You say the two SIP accounts are on different servers, but are they on
    different *providers* also? If not, it might be the provider's fault,
    sending the calls to the wrong account... or something on that line,
    like you have one account with two numbers, but regardless of the
    dialled number, the call always lands on the "primary" account.
    Messagenet does this.
    You might need to specify something in the account setup like the
    "Username" or "Display name" parameters.
    Also, are you 100% sure you didn't use the same homeVoip registration
    details on both accounts by mistake? ;-)
    Cheers
    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
    ************************

    Bodincus, May 17, 2010
  4. I've worked it out... And I'll post the issue here in-vase it bites anyone
    else. (Although I suspect it won't as I was trying something that might
    be considered unusual)

    So both VoIP services were my own - 2 different (asterisk) PBXs on the
    same LAN - I was actually trying to get my own home/office setup separated
    and put some sanity into it - more to please wifey than anything else ;-)

    What I was trying to do was keep both PBXs as similar as possible with
    the same extensions on each one representing some similarity between them
    - So both PBXs had accounts for extension 201 - and that seems to be the
    issue. The Gigaset matches on the account code rather than a combination
    of account code and which SIP server the call is coming from.

    When I moved one PBX account code from 201 to something else it all
    worked as it was supposed to work.

    So now I have one base unit, 2 SIP accounts - one to the home PBX,
    the other to the work PBX, 2 handsets for the home stuff and 1 for my
    office stuff. Dialling out does the right thing depending on the handset
    I pickup, and wifeys phones don't ring when my office phone rings.

    The N900 with 2 SIP accounts seem to be able to do the right thing though
    - it's just the Siemens - I suspect there will be some optimisation
    made in there that just matches on the SIP account code rather than the
    full information.

    I still have 5 phones on my desk, but that's the way it is, I
    suspect! (One day mobile manufacturers will add DECT to the list)

    Cheers,

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, May 17, 2010
  5. I've now posted what the issue was.

    FWIW: It was 2 separate asterisk boxes so what's upstream of them
    shouldn't be the issue - although both do go to the same provider -
    a little know VoIP company called Drogon Systems and I can assure you
    that the incoming routing was correct ;-)

    Although I wasn't even trying that far up the chain - I was actually
    calling them from other extensions on the same PBX...

    So the moral of the story is that even with different SIP providers
    or PBXs, the account codes must be different, else the wrong phones
    will ring!

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, May 17, 2010