    would be very unhappy to lose it if they think its a weapon. Any
    opinions from the group???
    Thanks

    Romeo Raabe, Mar 19, 2006

  2. I don't think they are going to be looking for a club in checked
    luggage. Now carry on might be different.

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 19, 2006

  3. Romeo Raabe

    Romeo Raabe Guest

    I am only taking a carry-on, no checked luggage, my question is asking
    opinions if it will be a problem in carry-on luggage.

    Romeo Raabe, Mar 19, 2006
  4. Romeo Raabe

    TMG Guest

    I am taking only a carry-on suitcase.
    Uhhh - see above.

    TMG, Mar 19, 2006
  5. Romeo Raabe

    Bob Salomon Guest

    Are you planning on doing portraits or weddings on your trip or PJ?

    Why take the bracket if you are just going on vacation?

    Bob Salomon, Mar 20, 2006
  6. Romeo Raabe

    Romeo Raabe Guest

    Its a lot easier to hold the camera with it during the evening luaus
    and it takes the strain off the hot shoe

    Romeo Raabe, Mar 20, 2006
  7. Romeo Raabe

    Bob Salomon Guest

    Having done a three week trip to HI in November I found bracing the
    camera against a chair, balcony, bench, wall, etc. made for very good
    support, even with nightime shots at sea, and accessory shoes are built
    to accept flash units. It won't be strained by a shoe mount flash gun.
    Leave the bracket at home and save some space and weight.

    Bob Salomon, Mar 20, 2006
  8. Romeo Raabe

    tomm42 Guest

    I have this monopod with a Gitzo ball head, pre 9/11 I was stopped
    twice when it went though screening, it did have a "weapon" look. Both
    times I was pulled aside and asked to take it out with an armed guard
    there. You could feel the tension in the room. Everyone started to
    laugh when I pulled out a thing that looked more like a walking stick
    than an Uzzi. They suggested I take the ball head off while traveling.

    Tom

    tomm42, Mar 20, 2006
  9. Romeo Raabe

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Romeo Raabe asks ...
    I've hand-carried two Gitzo tripods several times back in the film daze
    (now my second carry-on is a laptop :) and never had a problem, rarely
    even a second look. I even asked the TSA if tripods are OK (they
    aren't on the 'banned' list) and was told in an email if it didn't have
    sharp edges it was OK. So I wouldn't worry about a flash bracket ...
    there's a list of banned items on the TSA site, btw.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Mar 20, 2006