    not detected by windows in the gaming options under control panel.

    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

    CJ

    CJ, Nov 30, 2003

  2. CJ

    Win Guest

    Some of the oldest sidewinder joysticks only supported Intel chipsets...
    did you load the drivers before pluging in the joystick

    If not start sys in safe mode remove unsuported device or usb ???? etc
    unplug joystick
    restart pc
    go to microsoft.com and find and download drivers. There is / are patches to
    make them more compatable
    install drivers
    plug in joystick
    if it don't work get another joystick

    Win, Nov 30, 2003

  3. CJ

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you updated DirectX? What connection is the
    joystick using?

    Also, please reduce your line wrap to 72 characters.

    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2003
  4. CJ

    CJ Guest

    Hi,
    joystick now sorted with some "messing about" !

    Before I reduce the line wrap to 72 can you tell me why I need to please. It's at 90 at
    the moment.

    Thanks,

    CJ

    CJ, Nov 30, 2003
  5. CJ

    °Mike° Guest

    Because quoted text, particularly in long threads, becomes
    all messed up and, sometimes, virtually unreadable. In your
    last reply to me, I cleaned it up manually.

    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2003
  6. CJ

    CJ Guest

    Hi again Mike,

    I just always like to know why I'm doing something before I do it. I've
    set the plain text wrap to 72 and applied it and the setting as held so
    this message will do as a test to see if it has worked OK.

    Best regards,

    CJ

    CJ, Dec 1, 2003
  7. CJ