[SI] Shoot-in invitation for the rec.photo.digital group

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alan Browne, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Some of you here in r.p.d know this already, but many do not...

    Over on the rec.photo.equipment.35mm we have been enjoying an event
    called the shoot-in. Lisa Horton proposed a couple months ago that a
    shoot-in would be a friendly way to share photographic experience, and
    get people out shooting. It is great fun. We have had participants
    from all over the world, of all levels.

    In a nutshell, a mandator list has been created, and each Friday, the
    next mandator up proposes a theme. Everyone participating shoots and
    submits a single photo by the Sunday 9 days hence.

    These photos are then posted:
    www.photo.com/shootin
    for the enjoyment and comments of all. If you visit, you will see that
    we finished the Incongruity round last week, and tonight the "Face to
    Face" round will get posted. The current theme, due on Sunday Nov 9, is
    simply "Six".

    The prize: participation.

    Entry fee: get out and shoot ... per the mandate.

    The character and Rulz are described here:
    http://www.btinternet.com/~mcsalty/martin/sirulz.htm

    About 1/4 of the participants so far use digital cameras from P&S up.

    The 'optional' elements of the shoot-in include:

    -providing commentary about your shot. This can be pretty much anything
    you like from anecdotal about finding the shot to the details about
    lenses, equipment, lighting and the all important phase of the moon.

    -after the shots are all posted, providing feedback on the shots. This
    can be fawning adulation to constructive criticism, but keep it
    reasonably polite...!

    (Note: posts regarding the shoot-in are prfixed [SI] in the titles. If
    you want to get the flavour for the discussions on r.p.e.35mm directly
    or via google. r.p.e.35mm is also plagued by the current tiny minded
    troll, so bear with it and read around his crap.)

    Open to all.

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    Alan Browne, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Alan Browne

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: Alan Browne
    Thanks for the heads-up, Alan.
    I know many of my fans on r.p.d. will want to check out my great Shoot-In pics.

    I would remind everyone to post commentary over on rec.photo.equipment.35mm and
    not here.

    Annika1980, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Alan Browne

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Alan Browne

    Doc Guest

    Damn glad we don't have any of those here in RPD...

    Doc

    Doc, Nov 3, 2003