    might say "He's a poor excuse for a wedding photographer" with the
    same intent: he calls himself a wedding photographer, but he's
    totally inept at the job.

    tony cooper, Sep 8, 2008

  2. D-Mac

    tony cooper Guest

    Yes, there is. You are far enough along to recognize that these are
    important in communication, but you pay mind to neither.
    Saying "An excuse for a competition" is a statement that there is/was
    a competition, but it is/was significantly lacking in some aspect. We

    tony cooper, Sep 8, 2008

  3. Since English is apparently not your first language, I'll kindly explain
    it to you that the excerpts from Google results you provided (see below)
    clearly state that it is perfectly allowable to change the aspect ratio
    of the image, as long as the image does not get excessively "elongated"
    in either direction. This is exactly what the standard "must not exceed"
    wording is intended to convey in the quotes below.

    (BTW, it is "ratio", not "ration" as you often spell it in your messages
    for some reason. "Ration" is a completely different thing.)

    Andrey Tarasevich, Sep 8, 2008