    Subject: [SI] [Mandators list]
    Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:07:17 -0400
    From: Alan Browne <>
    Newsgroups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm

    Well, it's that time.

    18 valid applications to be mandator were received and were randomly
    assigned (by computer) as follows:

    POS SCORE Mandator
    === ===== ========

    1 56 : Joseph Kewfi -- MANDATES SI ON 1 July !!
    2 137 : Owamanga -- mandates SI on 15 July !
    3 146 : Bowser -- mandates SI on 29 July
    4 179 : William Drew
    5 218 : Mark Lauter
    6 232 : Jim Kramer
    7 239 : Lisa Horton
    8 282 : Ken Nadrovnik
    9 341 : Michael J Hoffman
    10 399 : Alan Browne
    11 416 : Al Denelsback
    12 465 : Tom Hudson
    13 514 : Cody Houston
    14 569 : Peter Boorman
    15 753 : Douglas
    16 835 : Parv
    17 852 : Walt Hanks
    18 886 : Paul Furman

    (Score is a randomly generated number).

    The new mandate list is at

    http://www.aliasimages.com/si/rulz.html#Round4

    There were two disqualified entrants:

    "Sarah Molly" : Unable to confirm real e-mail address.

    and "" - no such e-mail address.

    Paul Bielec did not ask to be in... eh Paul? What's up? Hurry hurry!

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    PS: Selection method: I wrote a Pascal program that used a B-tree
    sorting on a computer random number between 0 and 1000. A list was
    generated by listing from the tree based on score. A list was accepted
    if a) another random number in the range 0 to 255 was 0 AND b) if my
    name was in the middle position of the list (or middle + 1 if an even
    number of entrants.) It took some 3500 list generations before that
    condition was satisfied, so a pretty well "randomized" list.

    Alan Browne, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Alan Browne

    Owamanga Guest

    Sad.

    Very sad.

    For your own safety, I'd recommend you don't go into a bar and tell
    anyone you actually did this. ;-)

    Why did you place yourself in the middle? The correct position should
    have been dictated by phi / the fibonacci sequence - which turns out
    to be the spot currently being held by Al. Far more natural.

    Anyway, the real reason for posting:

    Can you spell out of the procedure to announce the next mandate - do
    we just send an email to Al a few days before the end of the previous
    one and let him take care of it, or do we have to be around on the
    Sunday to announce it in the NG ourselves, or a bit of both?

    I know you email the next mandator prior to his go-live, but I just
    wanted to know now...

    Owamanga, Jun 28, 2005