[SI] Looking Up/Looking Down is UP! -- Comments

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rob, Mar 19, 2013.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    I agree there are some good images in the mix.

    With this mandate, scenes don't convey, a convincing ones looking up or
    looking down.

    Scenes do not allow the mandate to work.

    Cooper - nice graphics in the stairs, always good graphics within
    lighthouses.

    Bob Coe - would liked to have the elevator to be taken further
    underneath. Looking up

    Martha - whales find this a bit messy and to me does not convey a
    message although does look up.

    Bowser - thats certainly a looking down scene, tells a story of cold,
    nice composition under restricted circumstances.

    Looking up at the The Innocence of Liberty nice shot.

    Ceiling good graphics but would have liked a bit more included.

    The duck - scenes haven't demonstrated the mandate.

    Tim - what happened here? both images look far to soft. Trees OK but bad
    processing.

    Rob, Mar 19, 2013

  2. Rob

    Tim Conway Guest

    My fault. I don't have a scanner, etc and had to copy some old prints. The
    focus must've been off on my old camera. Exposure was too, but PS6
    relatively saved that.
    Thanks for commenting.

    Tim Conway, Mar 19, 2013

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    You shouldn't have to apologise the scenes are impressive.

    I know what you are thinking and I have even taken some shots looking up
    at some steps on a bush track with a heap of people climbing, but it
    didn't convey what I seen. Not till I got further back and included top
    and bottom did it give the impression as to how far the top was away.
    When we flatten a scene it doesn't help.

    Rob, Mar 19, 2013