    .....it's better to have loved and lost
    than to have never seen "Lost in Space"!
    --Kelly Bundy

    Anabella M., Dec 9, 2005

  2. default

    default Guest

    Wow, that turned out excellent. I'll try that as well.

    http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/ShutterPinch.jpg

    Thumb on back, index finger on button. Just squeeze gently, keeping
    hand still. The result shot on the left was taken with the camera
    resting on my knee with a shutter speed of 1/4 sec.

    default, Dec 9, 2005

  3. default

    default Guest

    I certainly hope not, but my balance is not perfectly stable. If I stand
    with my feet together and put my arms out in front of me I do move some in
    keeping balanced. If I close my eyes it is worse and there is involuntary
    movement of more than an inch sometimes in trying to keep perfectly still.

    So hanging on to the camera on the tripod isn't always a good idea since I
    occasionally pull it slightly.

    default, Dec 9, 2005
  4. default

    kashe Guest

    Many have a slight physical stop at the point where focus and
    shutter speed are determined. It requires some pressure to get it past
    thaat.

    If you don't have Pakinson's, you're likely unqualified to
    comment on its effects, moron.

    kashe, Dec 28, 2005
  5. Yeah, I know that. But it's still an electrical switch. There's very
    little pressure involved compared to mechanical releases we've had up
    until the digital age.

    Randall Ainsworth, Dec 28, 2005
  6. I'd been using a Mamiya 645 Pro until this year, and never had any trouble
    with camera shake, but with my Mamiya 7, I have to be really careful. The
    645 allows me to squeeze the shutter release balanced by my thumb at the
    back of the camera, and essentially no radial forces get applied to the
    camera. (This is the same story as the Hasselblad.) But the shutter release
    on the M7 (and every 35mm camera ever made (except the Rollei 3000) is
    maximally disoptimally designed from the standpoint of camera shake and
    requires incredible care. Yuck.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Dec 28, 2005