    Could anyone pls tell me how can i retrive back "Shutdown" in my
    start menu?

    Thnx in advance

    vik, Aug 8, 2006

  2. Mind telling us what software this was that you downloaded and
    installed? Might give a big clue..

    David Matthew Wood, Aug 8, 2006

  3. vik

    Meat Plow Guest

    Try uninstalling the software you installed right before your problems
    started.

    Meat Plow, Aug 8, 2006
  4. vik enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk - (ab)users with:
    Which software - does it aim to lock down the pc or give a own handle
    for shutdown/powersave?
    You may try gpedit.msc ... at least there are *adm templates for such
    settings, somewhere. Maybe you should look for "registry system
    wizard".

    Walter Mautner, Aug 9, 2006
  5. vik

    vik Guest

    Hello,

    I have already uninstalled the software but can't recover my "Shutdown"
    menu item.
    Can u pls suugest some way to recover it?
    Thnx

    vik, Aug 9, 2006
  6. vik

    vik Guest

    Hello,

    Thnx alot for U'r very kind help to me.

    I did it what u have mentioned.
    i got my sol. from gpedit.msc........... where i disabled the
    "shutdown" option and got back "Shutdown" in Start menu.

    Thnx

    vik, Aug 9, 2006