Shutdown Error Message(XP)The instruction 0X77f69cd reference memory 0X00000000

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob, Oct 20, 2007.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Hi
    When using my laptop--which seems to run fne otherwise, the following
    error message comes up sometimes and it stays only for a few seconds.
    However, below is a copy of the complete message:

    The instruction 0X77f69cd referenced memory 0X00000000)

    The memory cannot be written

    Do you want to?

    (Shows OK and Cancel)

    Click on OK to terminate the program

    Or Click Cancel to debug the program

    I somehow believe it is either a virus or spyware, but am looking for
    definitive information.

    Can someone point out or point me to a solution?

    Thanks
    Bob

    Bob, Oct 20, 2007

  2. Bob

    Another Guest

    What is the program?
    This type of message does not indicate a virus or spyware. It indicates
    a program that is attempting to access an invalid memory address at
    shutdown.

    Another, Oct 22, 2007

  3. Bob

    meerkat Guest