    task? What do people think of MyDVD or SmartRipper? Any other
    suggestions?

    Thank you.

    fkissam, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Cathy De Viney, Jan 11, 2004

  3. fkissam

    Dragon Guest

    I think you also need dvd decrypter aswell i think where you can get at most
    places

    try

    www.google.co.uk

    or kazaa and youll get shrink there aswell

    dave

    Dragon, Jan 11, 2004
  4. fkissam

    spips Guest

    I have found problems with a lot of software and the lipsync towards the end
    of a film. The following software is what I use with 100% success:-

    DVD Region-Free - this runs in the background and removes Macrovision,
    Protection and Region Coding from the film
    Clone DVD - this is used to actually copy the film - it is in
    here that you can remove menus and subtitles etc.

    If you want to merge two films onto one disc, then use Clone DVD to rip the
    files to your hard drive, then use TMPGEnc DVD Author to put them into one
    folder on your hard drive, then use Clone DVD to shrink and burn onto a
    4.7Gb

    Hope this helps.

    spips, Jan 11, 2004
  5. As Cathy mentioned, you just need DVDShrink and Nero. The newest verison of
    DVDShrink (3.1) can automatically use Nero to burn the DVD when it's done.
    Still, I like version 2.1 better.

    Todd Copeland, Jan 11, 2004
  6. fkissam

    Tom Guest

    I'm wondering what will happen when I try this from my limited user
    account. Currently, I have to use "run as" an admin to be able to burn
    from Nero.

    Tom, Jan 11, 2004
  7. Brian Gregory [UK], Jan 11, 2004
  8. fkissam

    John Guest

    Why do you like the 2.1 version better?

    John, Jan 12, 2004
  9. Perhaps he likes the lower quality grainy effect?

    Brian Gregory [UK], Jan 13, 2004
  10. fkissam

    dasd Guest

    And the fact that it cocks up the removing of subtitles!!

    dasd, Jan 14, 2004
  11. fkissam

    Mike Guest

    I like it better too - leaves you in control more - freakin nero takes over
    in the new version and have never seen grainy picture with the older
    versions.

    Mike, Jan 23, 2004