    I tried to find a prgrom in the Sygate folder which I could launch to
    get to see those screens but it doesn't do it.

    Can anyone advise what to launch to see the Sygate screens?

    Martin C.E., Sep 19, 2003

  2. Martin C.E.

    J Jay Guest

    I don't know how to set a hotkey. If a desktop shortcut icon would
    do just as well, you might try what I did.
    First, I made a typical shortcut to the desktop from Sygate
    execuitable Smc.exe. It was dead and didn't work. Properties
    (target) of the icon looked like this:
    D:\applications\sygate\smc.exe
    Second, looking at properties again, I edited the
    target to:
    D:\applications\sygate\smc.exe -start
    This works and will bring up Sygate main page.
    JJ

    J Jay, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Martin C.E.

    Martin C.E. Guest

    Yes, this works. But it seems slow. As if it is fully launching
    Sygate Personal Firewll instead of just displaying the main screen.

    I wonder if it can be done faster than this method?

    Martin C.E., Sep 19, 2003
  4. Martin C.E.

    J Jay Guest

    It would launch Sygate if Sygate has been shut down.
    If Sygate is running, it should just open the main window.
    JJ

    J Jay, Sep 21, 2003