    It's only a little thing, but I liked it and I want it back!

    Can anybody help please?

    ceindreadh

    cein, Oct 20, 2003

  2. cein

    B&S Guest

    x-no-archive: yes

    I don't know if this will help or not, but I had a problem recently where I
    couldn't access IE from "my" XP account, but could from my kids' accounts.
    I had no idea what setting I (or someone else) may have changed accidentally
    for that to happen. After searching thruough my settings and asking here to
    no avail, I finally did a "system restore" back to a date when I knew I had
    internet access, and viola!, IE was back. I found "system restore" under
    the "help and support". Supposedly with system restore you don't lose saved
    files, and I haven't noticed anything missing since doing the restore. I
    did do a Windows and Virus program update right after I did the restore,
    just to make sure, but I don't know if I needed to do so or not.

    Good luck. This is just a suggestion that worked for me, but I am in no way
    a computer guru, so listen to any other suggestions you get before mine.
    : )

    Shelly

    B&S, Oct 21, 2003

  3. cein

    cein Guest

    I'm running Win XP and using Internet Explorer.
    Thanks, but I mentioned it to a friend who said "Oh, you probably just have
    the status bar unticked"
    (View - status bar)
    So I ticked to view it and it's working fine now.
    (sighs) such a simple solution.

    ceindreadh

    cein, Oct 21, 2003