    (thanks Redbaiter) but I think "show quoted text" might be simpler.
    Thank you.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, May 7, 2006

  2. geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Try a decent news server.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 7, 2006

  3. Some hints on what software you are using will help...................
    --
    -- Cheers
    Southern Kiwi

    Southern Kiwi, May 7, 2006
  4. She's not using a newsreader, she's using Google Groups.

    The answer to the question is that posters do not have any control over
    whether their posts feature the 'show quoted text' link. This is
    something that appears automatically when a Google Groups user views a
    posting which contains a large amount of quoted text. In short, it's a
    convenience feature which saves users from scrolling through messages
    with excessive amounts of quoting included.

    alastair.geek.nz, May 7, 2006
  5. geopelia

    Jasen Betts Guest

    by quoting text.

    AIUI in google you hit "show options" and then "reply" on the menu that
    emerges. (I've never tried it myself)

    then you trim the bit's that aren't relevent... regular usenet stuff...

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, May 7, 2006
  6. geopelia