show policy-map interface

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by R Siffredi, Dec 10, 2004.

  1. R Siffredi

    R Siffredi Guest

    WHat does the follwing mean at the end of show policy-map interface s0???
    I cannot find it anywhere on CCO?

    class Transmitted Random drop Tail drop Minimum Maximum Mark
    pkts/bytes pkts/bytes pkts/bytes thresh thresh prob
    0 82/1968 0/0 0/0 20 40 1/10
    1 0/0 0/0 0/0 22 40 1/10
    2 0/0 0/0 0/0 24 40 1/10
    3 0/0 0/0 0/0 26 40 1/10
    4 0/0 0/0 0/0 28 40 1/10
    5 0/0 0/0 0/0 30 40 1/10
    6 465/113355 0/0 0/0 32 40 1/10
    7 0/0 0/0 0/0 34 40 1/10
    rsvp 0/0 0/0 0/0 36 40 1/10

    The whole command:

    Router-1#sh policy-map interface s0/0
    Serial0/0

    Service-policy output: voip

    Class-map: voice (match-all)
    135060 packets, 115992224 bytes
    5 minute offered rate 1128000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
    Match: ip precedence 5
    Queueing
    Strict Priority
    Output Queue: Conversation 264
    Bandwidth 75 (%)
    Bandwidth 1152 (kbps) Burst 28800 (Bytes)
    (pkts matched/bytes matched) 4888/4309005
    (total drops/bytes drops) 0/0

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)
    545 packets, 114163 bytes
    5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
    Match: any
    Queueing
    Flow Based Fair Queueing
    Maximum Number of Hashed Queues 256
    (total queued/total drops/no-buffer drops) 0/0/0
    exponential weight: 9

    R Siffredi, Dec 10, 2004

  2. R Siffredi

    Toby Guest

    This shows the o/p queue for your default class. here we can see traffic is
    mostly precedence 6 and some 0. of this traffic none was discarded due to
    either WRED (random) or tail-drop (queue overflow) The thresholds at the end
    show a minumum and maximum %. along with a mark probability. If we take the
    Precedence 6 setting from above. When the queue is 32% full WRED will start
    to drop packets of this precedence to try to slow down the TCP flow. If the
    queue continues to fill WRED will start discarding more heavily until the
    Maximum threshold of 40% is reached when WRED will be discarding at it's
    maximum rate of 1 in 10 packets. If the congestion doesn't ease then this
    1/10 packet drop will continue but if the queue fills to 100% then no more
    packets can enter the queue so we get tail-drop.

    As you can see if you had a spread of traffic types your setup would under
    congestion discard the lower precedence marked packets earlier i.e. prec 0
    starts at 20% queue-depth and prec 6 at 32%

    regards

    Toby

    Toby, Dec 11, 2004

  3. R Siffredi

    Ben Guest

    Hey Toby, spot on but one small correction, the thresholds are in
    packets, not %
    cheers,
    Ben

    Ben, Dec 12, 2004
  4. R Siffredi

    Toby Guest

    Hey Ben

    Cheers also as it is always good to dot the i's and cross the t's

    Thanks

    Toby

    Toby, Dec 12, 2004