    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yep. I sure know that i get hundreds of people per day asking me about that song with the girl with the fish in her nose! Whats that one called, by the way? :p Im proud to say that I bought my first legit cd in the last 7 years when Mezmerize by System Of A Down came out :) Waiting for Hypnotise to come out now, should be out in December :D

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005

  2. Technoholic

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    We don't own that music because well, that's just weird music to me :?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 14, 2005

  3. Technoholic

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Does Opera music sound weird to you? Does to me, how can so many people like it when its not even in English, they have no idea what it means, and its just some fat lady screeching for 4 hours?

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  4. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can't say that I like much opera. Except for Wagner's Ring Cycle, that I kinda like but other than that, not really. But I do listen to all kinds of music, I mean all freakin' kinds. My favorite music is more mainstream, classic rock, heavy metal, progressive rock, jazz, etc. But I do listen to some unusual things. Gotta broaden your horizons don'tchaknow.
    The song about the girl with the fish in her nose is called "The Girl with a Fish in her Nose" and it's by "Suzies Uncontrolled Vaginal Yeast Infection" off of the album "The Kumquat is Your Friend" from 1987.
    Smartass. :p

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  5. Technoholic

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Dude I think I'm gonna vomit, worse names EVER! ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 14, 2005
  6. Technoholic

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I listen to tons of stuff too. Disturbed, Rammstein, Rage Against The Machine, old Korn music, Mason Williams, Velvet Underground, Tommy Emmanuel, Jimi Hendrix, all different stuff. plus whatever has tons of bass, good for pissing off my parents :) even from the other end of the house :p

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  7. Technoholic

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Disturbed's new album 10,000 fists is awesome! Not that I've heard it because it isn't even out yet...
    *whistles innocently*

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 14, 2005
  8. Technoholic

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    yeah... it is a mad album, so far ive only heard 2 or 3 songs, Stricken is mad. Especially the guitar solo :D

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  9. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    XhArD... Dude, you didn't really venture outside of a genre there man. I mean, it's all rock (nothing wrong with that) but, how about some Jazz, some Blues, a little Classical, Flammenco, hell, I even own a ton of Didgeridoo albums (AND I own 2 Didgeridoo's as well if you can believe it). Maybe what I need is a freakin' life, huh? :)
    So, outside of Rock, doesn't anyone like any different musical styles? (Rap don't count, that ain't music) :)

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  10. Technoholic

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    you think mason williams and tommy emmanuel are rock? whats wrong with you? Mason Williams' Classical Gas was flammenco. As much as you think i didnt go out of one genre, i stayed out of a crapload. Punk, Wannabe-punk, pop, satanic, an tons others. Its not what you think my music is, its what my music isnt thats important. thats why i listen to different styles. Joe Satriani does mad guitar, thats what i hear. John Butler Trio, good guitar, and the songs ave meaning. Its not the genre that i care about.

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  11. Technoholic

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I like a bit of Aussie Hip-Hop (Hilltop Hoods) to mix things up a bit :)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 14, 2005
  12. Technoholic

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    yeah!! w00t! I was sopissed off when i didnt have enough money to go to Big Day Out this year, i missed Hilltop Hoods!! :'( My bro saw them, he said they were great. apparently someone climbed one of the speakers towers and mooned the crowd, lol. when he did it,about 200 empty water bottles got thrown at him :p I have to say though, im kinda gettin sick of Nosebleed Section, new favourite Hilltop Hoods song is The Sentinel :D has phat bass too :)

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  13. Technoholic

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I like 'what the seasons change' and '1979' best but Sentinel is the best party one I can chill and sing to :D

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  14. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I missed that you'd mention those two... Sorry..
    I wouldn't call classical gas flammenco though, classical guitar with a rock fusion feel to it is more like it. Try some Paco de Luca, Laura y Reyes or even Ottmar Liebert. All good stuff there.

    The Modfather, Sep 15, 2005
  15. Technoholic

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    rock fusion? are you thinking of the original Mason Williams version, or the Eric Clapton cover? coz the original was flammenco.

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  16. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    The original, I've got it here... It's definatly not flammenco, it's classical guitar with a rock style melody, I'd call it classical rock fusion.
    http://www.infinity-customs.com/Classical_Gas.mp3
    Link will only work for 24 hours. Quality is reduced and is acceptable as a "sample" so as not to be considered piracy.

    The Modfather, Sep 15, 2005
  17. Technoholic

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yeah, i think thats the origianl... i know i have heard a flammenco version somewhere, probably a cover or something.

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  18. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Probably... I remember when that song came out, it got a lot of airplay on Disco stations (weird, I know).

    The Modfather, Sep 16, 2005