    name?

    Wm King
    --

    William J King, Nov 14, 2003

  2. William J King

    reshman Guest

    sho debug

    reshman, Nov 14, 2003

  3. "William J King" <> wrote in message
    > I had expected to see a DEBUG process in the SHO PROC CPU display
    > but was unable to; Since SHO PROC CPU is the first place I would
    > look at on a sluggish router. Anyone know if DEBUG is under another
    > name?

    Each process owns its own debugging, so the process(es) being debugged would
    account for the CPU. "show debug" will show you if you have any debug
    running. Also, it is a good idea to turn console logging off (logging
    console none) since that is the real reason debugs slow the router down.

    Lesson: The reason debugs slow the router is that they write text to the
    console port, which is a high priority interrupt in the box (you want a
    responding console even if a box is buried in traffic). For certain types
    of debug, you want the debug delivered with priority. Bit for a lot of
    others, you don't want output to the console port slowing down the router.
    So "logging console none" or "logging console informational" are good ways
    to make sure debugs don't slow your router down as much.

    Phillip Remaker, Nov 15, 2003