    My system is installed with SP2, due to some problems. I want to repair
    windows, I have windows operating system CD without SP2. " Should I install
    SP2 after repairing my operating system with OS CD?"

    Guest, Jul 2, 2007

  2. If you are running regular Windows XP and have inadvertantly stumbled into
    the wrong newsgroup (this NG is for 64-bit OSs only), then yes, absolutely,
    you should install SP2.

    If you're running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, then the answer is
    less clear. There are known issues with SP2 and some network adapters. If
    you've got a Broadcom NIC or an NVidia NIC, you can have major issues after
    the update. Try a google on "SP2 RSS Problems". You'll see something like 2
    million hits.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2007

  3. Guest

    Sam Crawford Guest

    Charlie,

    I may have been taking a long nap. Has SP2 for x64 been released yet?

    Thanks.

    Sam

    Sam Crawford, Jul 2, 2007
  4. yes. Must have been quite a nap!<G> It actually shipped around the end of
    April or early May. ;) But didn't go up on WU/MU until a couple of weeks
    ago.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2007