    the pc SD Card reader.

    Thanks a lot for your replies.

    Pieter

    Zebra, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Zebra

    Paige Miller Guest

    On Stardate 12/30/2003 11:27 AM, the following keys were mysteriously
    typed at Zebra's keyboard...
    I don't have an internal card reader in my PC. However, the SD card in
    my Kodak DX6490 is readable via Windows Explorer (I have Windows Me on
    my computer). So, its definitely not a proprietary Kodak format.

    Sounds more like your card is corrupted somehow.

    --
    Paige Miller
    pmiller5 at rochester dot rr dot com

    It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
    If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
    I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

    Paige Miller, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Zebra

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    It certainly should. Indeed I have just bought a small Easyshare for my
    daughter (who's 9), and downloaded those onto my iMac with OS 10 without
    any problems at all - and that's using a very cheap card reader I got
    from 7dayshop.

    Most cameras use standard FAT directory format anyway.

    I also took a card from my Minolta Z1 and put it into the Kodak for
    reformatting, but it read the card straight off. I formatted it anyway,
    not wanting to take any chances.

    Andy Hewitt, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Zebra

    Zebra Guest

    Thank you Andy and Paige for your replies.

    I am more and more convinced that this card was corrupted and I brought it
    back to the store I got it from. I will post two new related questions to
    this newsgroup about the subject.

    Thanks again for your help.

    Pieter

    Zebra, Jan 2, 2004