    if necessary before I decide to get any printed. I'm assuming that I will
    probably need a card reader/writer to transfer pictures from PC back to XD
    card?

    The Old Timer, Oct 9, 2003

  2. The Old Timer

    Charlie D Guest

    It's generally accepted that it's best done in the computer.
    What if you take a pic in B&W and later wish that you had a color
    version. Furthermore, the camera does one type of B&W. There are many
    ways of converting color to B&W in the computer that give different
    tonalities. Same with sharpening. You need different sharpening
    depending on if it's for the screen or for a print. Also different sizes
    require different sharpening.
    Even though I never put images from the computer to the card, I find a
    reader to be essential. I do a lot of shooting in my "home studio." I
    leave the camera with flashes, cords etc. on the tripod still exactly
    aimed at the subject and carry the card to the reader.

    Charlie D, Oct 9, 2003

  3. The Old Timer

    Wayne P Guest

    I do mine on the computer. I like being able to select what I want done.
    Sometimes I like the pics straight from the camera, other times I want them
    sharpened etc.

    wayne

    Wayne P, Oct 9, 2003
  4. The Old Timer

    Browntimdc Guest

    It's mostly a marketing ploy. It costs virtually nothing to add software
    "features" if no additional switches or buttons are needed. Also, there
    are a handfull of people who take the memory card out of the camera, walk
    into a Ritz Camera store and plug it into a quick print kiosk.

    Tim

    Browntimdc, Oct 9, 2003
  5. RE/
    I'd say so.