    when taking pictures? What is the advantage of the Ultra over the
    standard?

    Thanks.

    Tech, Jun 21, 2004

  2. I have both.. The price difference was minimal and I can't tell which is in
    the camera at the time anyway.. They are cheap as, if you go to the right
    place.. I paid AUS $80 for mine which is possibly about US $40.

    russell

    Russell Hobman, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Tech

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Tech,

    If you are only going to use the card for the camera, then it will not make
    a difference as the camera will write at only one speed regardless of the
    speed feature of the card. If you have plans to use the card in other
    devices, then consider the faster card.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Tech

    Pete Guest

    Ron:

    Does this apply to all cameras, or is your comment limited to the DX7440?

    I ask because I've seen a posting where measured write times were several
    times shorter with the Ultra II when used with a Panasonic FZ-10 camera.

    Pete

    Pete, Jun 24, 2004
  5. I am quite sure that this is correct for Kodak. however, my 300D writes MUCH
    faster to my 40X extreme cards than to the standard 4x or whatever they are.
    Perhaps the camera writes at only one speed, but the speed at which the card
    accepts data creates an apparent difference in the amount of lag time before you
    can take a second picture.

    hope this is not too confusing.
    also, in some places, the Extreme card is the same price or lower than the Ultra
    II cards. supposedly the Ultra is a 50 or 60x while the extreme card is
    supposedly a 40X. (Sandisk website says they are the same) however, for that
    same or lower speed, you get a card that works in colder or hotter weather than
    does the Ultra II.

    I buy the Extreme cards from B&H

    chas
    ---
    Listmembers, your [email protected] vendor's list is now updated...
    So, if you need something, go here first to see if a listmember can provide what you need.
    http://www.schuetzen.net/shop.htm

    schuetzen - RKBA!, Jun 24, 2004