    True. I don't actually have direct access to equipment for "fine" digital
    output. But my pro lab does, so that's where I'd take work to be printed if
    it was for more than my personal use.

    Mr. Mark, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Bill

    Big Bill Guest

    That's interesting.
    Before I ought my D-Rebel, I looked at the Oly 8080, but it had a
    fatal (to me) flaw - no indication of how many shots were left,
    without lighting up the LCD on the back. I'd been spoiled by my 3030.
    With it, I could simply glance down at the top of the camera, and see
    how many were left. With the D-Rebel, I need to look at the back of
    the camera instead, but it's a very important thing to me that that
    info be readily visible.
    My point was that the card can be changed any time, not just when it's
    full. A quick glance tells me if I'm likely ro run out soon; I then
    make a determination of whether I need to then, or can wait.
    In a museum, I can wait. At the zoo, I may decide to change earlier,
    because you don't always know when you may need to take more shots in
    a hurry.

    Big Bill, Jun 3, 2005

  3. Bill

    Big Bill Guest

    But that's not a loss in the camera's functionality; rather, it's an
    inability on your part to own the functionality.
    Nothing wrong with using film with digital.
    Yes, many new electrical gadgets come with features some users won't
    ever use. But, inmost cases, they are there for a reason, and that
    reason is usually that most users *will* use them. You're not
    especially special because you don't use *all* the functions of
    cameras at all. There are many in my D-Rebel I don't use.
    But the fact is that those features sell cameras (and cell phones,
    andcars, and ...).

    Big Bill, Jun 3, 2005
  4. Bill

    Mr. Mark Guest

    In either case I'm sort of in a creative zone - controlling the camera
    Is it aways visible on the d-Rebel? On the Rebel 2000 it's on the top LCD.
    I wonder if I ever look at it.. I'll try to pay attention next time I'm out
    shooting. Won't be for a few weeks because I'm moving this month.

    That's a good point.

    Mr. Mark, Jun 3, 2005
  5. Bill

    Mr. Mark Guest

    And how does a higher price detract from a camera's functionality?
    It's a matter of perspective. Either way I'm suffering without having a
    great camera. :)

    Mr. Mark, Jun 3, 2005
  6. Bill

    Mr. Mark Guest

    a pretty good job on premium photo paper. This will change by the end
    of
    And I should say that I have no idea what process they use to make the
    prints.

    Mr. Mark, Jun 3, 2005
  7. Bill

    Confused Guest

    Who knows. "Mr. Mark" is one of those posters who likes
    to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.
    Truth be told, you can gather together a handful of
    people who have had problems with any given camera.
    Chances are the camera will be dropped or knocked before
    it breaks from normal use. The only thing I'd worry about,
    it won't be available to use as a backup if the D70 fails.

    Jeff

    Confused, Jun 3, 2005
  8. Bill

    ASAAR Guest

    Ah, that explains your posting style that's generated so much
    annoyance in this thread. You bracket your arguments too. But ya
    know, you should treat the bracketed arguments the way photographers
    treat their bracketed images. Cull the losing arguments and only
    post the ones that work. Composing followups at a conscious level
    might also help. :)

    ASAAR, Jun 3, 2005
  9. Bill

    Mr. Mark Guest

    It seems like more than it is. With digital I'm more likely to bracket,
    LOL! Point taken and I do appreciate the humorous annalogy. :)

    Mr. Mark, Jun 3, 2005
  10. Bill

    Big Bill Guest

    Yes, it's always visible, as long as the camera's on, and there's
    enough light to see it; there's a backlight, too. Being in sunlight
    makes it more visible. :)

    Big Bill, Jun 4, 2005
  11. Bill

    Big Bill Guest

    That's certainly not the fault of the camera, it's designers, or the
    manufacturer.

    Big Bill, Jun 4, 2005
  12. Bill

    Roger Guest

    If I'm going to take a shot, unless it's one of those snap shots where
    you only have time to point, shoot, and hope for the best, I give all
    thourough consideration to composing, including f-stops and shutter
    spped to get the speed, or depth of field desired.
    I shot over 60 of the flowers in the yard this afternoon. Different
    angles, different lighting, fill flass, no fill flash, different depth
    of field. All shot as RAW/NEFs. I have yet to run Photoshop to
    convert them to something all the programs can read.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger, Jun 5, 2005
  13. I trust my control more than a "pro lab" and my R1800 is up to it.

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Jun 6, 2005
  14. Bill

    Mr. Mark Guest

    Truth be told, you can gather together a handful of
    Probably. The test for the company comes down to how well they respond to
    the problems that do occur.
    That's a good point. It's always a good idea to have more than one camera
    available.

    Mr. Mark, Jun 6, 2005
  15. Bill

    Mr. Mark Guest

    True. I don't actually have direct access to equipment for "fine"
    digital
    My Deskjet 970Cse isn't. :)

    Mr. Mark, Jun 6, 2005
  16. Bill

    Roger Guest

    One of our printers is a 970Cse and does a great job of printing
    photos.

    OTOH they are all getting old and tired enough that it's time to start
    thinking about replacement.

    Roger, Jun 8, 2005
  17. Bill

    Mr. Mark Guest

    I trust my control more than a "pro lab" and my R1800 is up to it.
    IMO, it does nice work for personal use. But I would have trouble selling
    work from this printer.

    Mr. Mark, Jun 8, 2005