    Should I buy the original one, or can I use the replacement Battery ?
    What´s the problem if I´m not using the original Battery ?

    I think anyone here have this experience.

    eko, Apr 16, 2004

  2. eko

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Go with a replacement battery - they worked just as good as the original
    battery for me.

    I bought my batteries from http://www.sterlingtek.com.

    Lucas Tam, Apr 16, 2004

  3. eko

    stewy Guest

    Check the manual about guarantees - off-hand I'd say no difference at all
    and you'll save a packet buying a non-Canon battery

    stewy, Apr 16, 2004
  4. The replacement batteries are fine.
    Canon will make less money.
    I buy batteries and chargers at www.thomasdistributing.com.

    Marvin Margoshes, Apr 16, 2004
  5. eko

    Don Guest

    It depends long have you have had the camera. If its a new unit go for
    Ampere Hours and price, if its an old unit I would recommend against going
    to the manufacturer.

    In most modern high cost portable applications where size and weight are
    important (PCs Handheld VHF radios or digital cameras) the batteries are
    designed and fabricated at the same time as the unit (camera). If after a
    couple of years you need a new battery and you order it from the original
    manufacturer you will get a battery that was built when your camera was
    built and then sat on the shelf. I have had direct experience with this.
    With gateway laptops and Apelco (Raytheon) handhelds. In both cases the
    replacement battery was actually worse than the battery to be replaced
    because the replacement had spent years on the shelf.

    The solution buy from a battery "rebuilder" or an after-market builder. Our
    most recent experience was getting replacing Li batteries for a very small
    Sony Picturebook laptop. We went to an aftermarket firm and the batteries we
    got were better than the original Sonys when they were new.

    Don, Apr 17, 2004