    using something else with this particular router? I'm located in New
    Zealand and want to call the UK if that makes any difference.

    Thanks!

    ChrisR, Apr 29, 2005

  2. ChrisR

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    I recently got one and so far I like it. It's tiny and lightweight and seems
    to work well. In contrast with the Cisco ATA-186 it is replacing, it was a
    breeze to configure (no more than 3 minutes in my case, and it worked on the
    first try). Sound quality seems fine. At the moment I'm using it in Europe
    to connect to an Asterisk server in the USA; it'll get its true trial by
    fire when I bring it back to Asia next week.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Apr 29, 2005

  3. ChrisR

    ChrisR Guest

    Ah, ok thanks. And I guess there is no problem using with my router?
    How do you configure the SPA-1001? Does it plug into your
    computer....does it have its own ip address perhaps?

    ChrisR, Apr 29, 2005
  4. ChrisR

    Ivor Jones Guest

    It plugs into your router like any other ethernet device. Yes it has its
    own IP address which it gets either from the router if you use DHCP or
    (preferably) one that you set manually in whatever private range your
    system is using (mine is set to 192.168.1.12)

    It is configured by means of its own web interface.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 29, 2005