Shortcut Icon To Desktop Problem ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Dec 10, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hi,

    New XP user.

    Should be able to figure this out, I admit, but can't seem to.

    Up to today, I had a shortcut icon on my Quick Launch bar, that when
    double clicked brought up the "true" Desktop image.

    The icon disappeared.

    So, I created a new shortcut icon while on the desktop, and dragged it to
    the Quick Launch bar.
    No problem, it's there now.

    But, when I click on it, it gives me a page that has the desktop icons on
    the right
    hand side, and, on the left, it has a vertical stripe that contains: "Files
    And Folders Tasks", "Other Places", etc.

    All I want is an shortcut icon on the Quick Launch bar
    that just opens up to the "true" desktop (image).

    Did have it before, but can't seem to generate it again.

    How do I go about this, please ?

    Thanks,
    B.

    Robert11, Dec 10, 2004

  2. Robert11

    SwissTony Guest

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_showdesktop.htm

    SwissTony, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hi,

    Much thanks; worked like a charm !

    Wonder what caused it to diappear in the first place ?

    Regards,
    Bob

    Robert11, Dec 10, 2004
  4. Robert11