    Dominic

    (And yes, I have posted to a Latin newsgroup but there doesn't seem to be a
    great deal of activity in there.)

    Dominic, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Dominic

    °Mike° Guest

    You got it right.

    Hic est domus Dei.
    "This is the house of God."

    Or if you're a believer in the great trout deity:
    Hic est domus Piscis Salmo Trutta.

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Dominic

    Avenger© Guest

    "here, is home"

    Avenger©, Jun 7, 2004
  4. Dominic

    John Holmes Guest

    Dominic came up with this:
    Home is where the heart is?

    John Holmes, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Dominic

    Avenger© Guest

    and possibly "this is home"

    Avenger©, Jun 7, 2004
  6. Dominic

    Rob K Guest

    °Mike° wrote :
    <snip>

    ROTFL

    I'd say "Hic est domus Oncorhynchi mykiss" as I seem to remember that
    the trout we're talking about is of the steelhead variety. Besides, it
    comes in handy to be steelheaded when posting here TINH.
    And yes I've omitted the casus genitivus for "mykiss" - I just love
    that word as is it is.

    :eek:Þ

    Rob K, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Dominic

    °Mike° Guest

    "the trout we're talking about"? First of all, TINW.
    Secondly, I don't remember specifying any particular
    trout, except "the great trout deity".
    TINW, either.
    I'm sorry, but I refuse to take further discourse in
    a thread that has both "trout" and "mykiss" in it....

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004
  8. Dominic

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Mmmmm...fish lips <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jun 8, 2004
  9. Dominic

    Plato Guest

    "the trout we're talking about"? First of all, TINW.
    ..tin codes are silly and make no sense.

    Plato, Jun 8, 2004