    best quality transfer? BTW, it needs to be NTSC but it can be any region.

    Thanks in advance,

    T.B.

    TB, May 4, 2004

  2. ....You're asking for completism, but you still want the English version?

    And since I don't know *which* Lone Wolf & Cub(s) "Assassin" was taken
    from, here--Take your pick from the legit restored-print subtitled versions:
    http://www.animeigo.com

    Derek Janssen (gee, didn't think we still got this question anymore)

    Derek Janssen, May 4, 2004

  3. TB

    Invid Fan Guest

    I think the first movie mashed the first two films together. Never new
    they did a sequel. I got a kick out of The Bride watching the dub in
    Kill Bill 2, as well as being amused that Shogun Assassin had the
    little boy narrate the story. Given that he almost never talks in the
    films or original comics...

    Invid Fan, May 4, 2004
  4. TB

    Invid Fan Guest

    [looks at tapes on the shelf] Those are the first two. I have
    AnimEigo's tapes, and'll have to think about replacing them with dvds.
    Haven't watched them in awhile. Maybe if they're priced cheap enough...

    Invid Fan, May 4, 2004
  5. Actually, the AE page lists "Assassin" as being a mash of "Sword of
    Vengeance"
    and "Baby Cart at the River Styx" (both of which got the anamorphic
    original-print cleanup treatment with subs)--

    Don't know which two SA2 was taken from, but that leaves, in order:
    - Baby Cart to Hades
    - BC in Peril
    - BC in Land of Demons
    - White Heaven in Hell
    Quentin Factor:
    Everybody remembers the "cool" drive-in chop-dub they saw at the B-grade
    theater on Friday night when they were in high school, but show them the
    "artsy" Godzilla *without* Raymond Burr, and it's "Ewwww, what's THAT??
    Derek Janssen ("Y'know, the miniseries was on TV, so it was really cool
    that they called it a 'Shogun' movie!"

    Derek Janssen, May 4, 2004
  6. You can still get the free (empty) collectors' box, with every
    purchase... :)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, May 7, 2004