  1. Cliff

    Cliff Guest

    use wr or copy command just to be safe!

    Cliff, Mar 17, 2006

  2. Correct. Show conf is the saved config. Show running is the current
    config that is not saved.
    Not until you do the 'wr mem' or 'copy running-config startup-config'

    Doug McIntyre, Mar 17, 2006

  3. Cliff

    Tom Linden Guest

    Could someone enlighten me as to the difference?

    SHOW CONFIG is the old one before I made the changes,
    but SHOW RUN gives the one I newly configured

    Is my running config saved?

    Tom Linden, Mar 17, 2006
  4. To be precise, from the "sh ?":
    configuration Contents of Non-Volatile memory
    running-config Current operating configuration
    startup-config Contents of startup configuration

    So, a show startup-config and show configuration is identical. and unless
    you have done a "copy running-configuration startup-configuration" or a
    "write memory" you can not be sure your configuration is saved.

    Martin Kiefer, Mar 18, 2006