    Explorer when you press on 1 file/folder, it selects every thing from
    the 1st file/folder in the list.

    What would cause this and is there a quick way to relase it?

    Jacko, Oct 15, 2007

  2. Coca-cola can cause it. And you can cure that at the car wash.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 15, 2007

  3. Its a brand new laptop. No spillages, the keyboard completely clean and I've
    never found a car wash suitable for laptops.

    Any sensible advice?

    Steve Jackson, Oct 15, 2007
  4. Jacko

    Pennywise Guest

    Maybe, hold the Right shift key down for a long time, a requester will
    pop up, go to the settings and see if sticky keys is set.

    Pennywise, Oct 16, 2007
  5. Jacko

    Tony Guest

    Tie a helium balloon around the shift key.

    Tony, Oct 16, 2007
  6. If Pennywise's advice doesn't help, I'd be returning it for warranty
    repair or replacement since it's brand new and defective.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 16, 2007
  7. Jacko

    thanatoid Guest

    You COULD get an industrial contact cleaner spray, they leave no
    residue, not anything a moron in a computer store would notice
    anyway. They cost about $15-25. Spray under the key, not TOO
    much, use a paper towel to avoid overspray everywhere - those
    cans pack a lot of punch.

    All new keyboards are membrane, and membrane keyboards are crap.
    You CAN get real keyboards, but it appears in laptop universe it
    is more important that the stupid thing be 1/4" thick than that
    it work as it should.

    So returning it MAY be the only way to fix this.

    If you CAN NOT return it for some reason, you can get a "key
    remap" utility and make another (like ctrl) key do what the
    shift key does and disable the shift key altogether, or
    something like that. But that would be a bit of a nuisance IMO.

    thanatoid, Oct 16, 2007
  8. Jacko

    Alfred Guest

    Alfred, Oct 16, 2007
  9. Jacko

    Mara Guest

    Can I ship my lusers back too? They're defective as well.

    Example:

    Yesterday, during a meeting, I actually heard, with my own ears, the phrase
    "Things would be much easier to access if we only had an intranet."

    I already have a knot on my forehead from banging it on the desk, so I'll be
    under it, whimpering.

    Mara, Oct 16, 2007
  10. It's going to be a bitch trying to get RMAs for those. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 16, 2007
  11. Jacko

    Evan Platt Guest

    Stamp em "Return to Sender"

    Evan Platt, Oct 16, 2007
  12. Jacko

    Mara Guest

    I don't want RMAs. I just want to send them back. To anywhere.

    Well, ok, I know where *I'd* like to send them, but unfortunately that's
    illegal.

    Crap. <sigh>

    Mara, Oct 16, 2007
  13. Send 'em to Google Gropes. Then only masochists and other lusers will
    see them.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 16, 2007
  14. Jacko

    Mara Guest

    They're not even smart enough to stumble their way to posting through google. Or
    using gmail. Hell, they aren't even smart enough to figure out that there's
    other search engines besides MSN.

    Yes, it really did happen.

    Mara, Oct 17, 2007
  15. Jacko

    jonny_hotchkiss

    Joined:
    May 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi all,

    I am also suffering from this issue. It's a total nightmare!

    Usually, locking (win key + L) + unlocking resolves, but I've had occasions where I can't enter the correct password (different case recognised?)

    [email protected] USING A DELL LATITUDE D^£)< DEFAULT CONFIG HAS " LANGUAGES (ENGLISH + FRENCH) (JUST STARTED HAVING THE ISSUE AS I TYPE!)

    that was a D630 btw...with english + french. remved other languages, and deactivated shortcuts for sticky keys / filter keys / toggle keys...

    still have the problem. Currently on an NEC PS2 keyboard into the docking bay, but think it also occurs using the keyboard on the laptop.

    Any ideas most welcome!

    Thanks

    Jonny

    jonny_hotchkiss, May 1, 2009