    wireless NIC without any router?

    Thanks

    John

    Guest, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Guest

    mike Guest

    yes just use ics as standard

    mike

    mike, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Indeed, I used to do that very thing (wired nics plus bluetooth connection).
    However the drawbacks (in case you weren't aware) are that both pcs have to
    be on at the same time. It worked fine for me - I coudl put up with it IOW -
    until my machine that connected to the net developed a serious cooling issue
    if left on for any length of time due to a faulty graphics card, and it
    turned out to be cheaper to buy a wireless ap / router modem all in one than
    replace the graphics card !

    Rachael

    Rachael the Wiccan Rat, Sep 17, 2004