Sharing internet Connection via Ad Hoc network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi all. i just finnished installing the network cards for my new home network
    D-link DWL-650 (802.11b) and i appear to have linked the two computer
    successfully. i am planning to host using my desktop pc and serve my laptop
    off of it. I am sure that the two computers are connected to, what i called,
    "My wireless network" as i dialled up the IP of the desktop pc from the
    laptop using Netmeeting and could communicate fine . However, i am unsure of
    how to go about sharing and accessing files from one computer to another and,
    despite having set-up ICS, as mentioned in Bab Bowman's article, i cannot get
    the laptop to access the internet using the connection i have established on
    the desktop PC.

    I am not using a router and wish simply to share the internet connection via
    an adhoc network.

    Any help on how to resolve these mentioned issues would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks
    Daniel

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004