    what is the easiest and shortest way to do such a thing using those computers?
    please help me and tell me the solution step by step.

    thank you very much for your time.

    UFO, Oct 29, 2009

  2. UFO

    Pavel A. Guest

    Yes, this is a wrong forum for this question.
    Next time please find a right forum rather than apologizing.

    For Vista: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    For XP and others: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web

    Regards,
    --pa

    Pavel A., Oct 29, 2009

  3. UFO

    UFO Guest

    @Don:
    1.how do i do that? they are both just linked to the router, not to each
    other (or maybe that's already like this automatically? ) .
    2.how do i choose what to share and what not to share?

    @Pavel:
    this problem is related to networking, wireless connection between PCs using
    a router , which both have a Windows OS , one has xp and the other has vista.
    this problem can be entered in many categories here.

    UFO, Oct 29, 2009
  4. computers?

    1. Create a network linking your desktop and laptop.
    (If in doubt, do / start / help / network.) Both PCs are
    probably configured to do this, but you take the first
    steps on one, then create a floppy, and execute the
    floppy in the other.
    2. When the two PCs are connected, ensure that
    each is set to Share at least one hard drive or folder.
    (If in doubt, see / start / help / sharing.)

    Don Phillipson, Oct 29, 2009
  5. Hi
    Hi
    Firewall instructions.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    When you are done Reboot all the Network Devices, and the computers.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Oct 30, 2009
  6. That's up to you. If you are the only user, you can safely
    share all directories (folders). Where there are multiple
    users, the network administrator may choose to share
    only selected folders, so the children cannot inspect your
    income tax details or private porn collection. (Sharing
    c:\windows may allow you to delete important Windows
    files so this is seldom enabled unless you know in advance
    of some functional need to do so.)

    Don Phillipson, Oct 30, 2009
  7. UFO

    UFO Guest

    i have some problems with this manual, since it's too general. please give me
    the instructions of my current situation.
    examples of problems that i found:
    1.there is no "Sharing and Discovery section of the Network and Sharing
    Center window" for windows vista.
    2.should both computers have the same workgroup name?
    3.how do i access the other computer from the current one ?
    4.on vista, how do i choose to share a folder? there is no "share" (or
    "sharing and security") item in the context menu of folders.

    please just give me a full step by step manual to my case .

    btw, i still don't get any email notifications of this forum, even though i
    choose "notify me of replies" .

    UFO, Nov 2, 2009
  8. UFO

    UFO Guest

    can anyone please help?

    UFO, Nov 8, 2009
  9. UFO

    UFO Guest

    please give me a step by step text here , and not an outside website with so
    many pages to read . i ask for very basic functions.

    UFO, Dec 14, 2009