    through a USB port.

    How do I connect my 2nd Win98 PC to share the broadband. The PC's are not
    networked. Is it possible to share them via some sort of USB hub?

    Theran Manthiri, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Theran Manthiri

    rifleman Guest

    In article <LnBOa.17003$>,
    says...
    > I have a Telewest blueyonder broadband connection. The modem is connected
    > through a USB port.
    >
    > How do I connect my 2nd Win98 PC to share the broadband. The PC's are not
    > networked. Is it possible to share them via some sort of USB hub?

    The easiest way is through a network..... You can pick up a complete kit
    from PC world for under £50 I believe....
    --
    (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
    Google is your Friend

    rifleman, Jul 8, 2003

  3. "Theran Manthiri" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Telewest blueyonder broadband connection. The modem is connected
    > through a USB port.
    >
    > How do I connect my 2nd Win98 PC to share the broadband. The PC's are not
    > networked. Is it possible to share them via some sort of USB hub?

    No. Not, really. either network the two together and use ICS (Internet
    Connection Sharing) or buy a Cable Router.

    Which Modem did you get? Sometimes they come with an ethernet presentation
    rather than/ as well as USB!

    In any event, you are going to need two network cards.

    Also, have you thought about going Wireless seeing as the incoming feed will
    be behind your TV and the Pcs are usually a fair way from the TV.

    If you want to talk this through, please contact me via www.bluecase.co.uk

    Regards

    John Haithwaite

    John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Theran Manthiri

    C A Preston Guest

    I have done this at home. I uesed a network card in my computer and another
    one in the other ( I picked mine up at a boot sale at £3 each). I used
    twisted pair cable (what ever that is) to conect the two together, about 10
    yards long in my case. The one conected to the internet is running Windows
    XP and the other Windows ME both conected automatictly, the only change I
    made is to the properties of the Network Conections of the telewest modem.
    In properties/Advanced click Allow other network users......

    If you have any problems please e-mail me.

    Colin

    C A Preston, Jul 9, 2003