    it.

    If there was anything I hadn't already thought of, you guys would have told
    me by now.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 20, 2008

  2. I assume you can already view shared files ?
    If so, then that rules out most or all of the file/printer sharing
    issues. Like firewall and so on..

    And, as you said, you can print from the vista machine.. (so I guess
    it's not a driver issue)

    Include the whole error message, word for word, as verbose as it is.
    The reason if it isn't obvious already, is For Google, it helps you
    and others.

    I am puzzled .. Why did people suspect a driver issue when you can
    print from your vista machine.

    I have heard that with network printers, or printers that connect to a
    device that make it like a network printer. You need a driver on each
    machine. But this is not your situation. (network printers are
    printers that have like an RJ45 or ethernet port. A network socket.
    Rather than connecting directly to a computer) Yours connects directly
    to a computer, so that is not the issue.

    jameshanley39, Mar 31, 2008