    there. I deleted all temp files, no luck. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance all!
    Jazz Mann

    jameson, Sep 22, 2003

  2. jameson

    why? Guest

    Same effect happens if it's 2500 machines on the network.
    No mention of the OS.
    Hint, before removing a disk/folder verify shares and unshare the
    appropriate folders.
    Does not matter which system you view it from, they only look at what
    the machine sharing is advertising.

    The 'folders' won't be there, the disk was removed, I think you said
    that.
    You removed the drive, the 'folders' are not there.
    (There's a point to repeating the absence of the actual folders)
    A few months ago, I fixed a similar problem by recreating the folders
    (6) , and then unshared them.

    A sharename is only a pointer to a folder, remove the folder and the
    pointer still exists (except Win2000 removes the share when the folder
    is deleted as well.)

    On a Win 2000 box, the shares are stored in the registry.
    MC\HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\lanmanserver\Shares
    MC\HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet\lanmanserver\Shares

    Use regedit at *your own risk*, make a backup or two before deleting the
    share entries.

    Command line,

    view shares -
    net view \\<computername

    delete shares
    net share <sharename> /delete

    Me

    why?, Sep 22, 2003

  3. jameson

    ilmc Guest

    jameson typed:
    What, no error messages like "can't restore network share" on bootup?
    What, no-one _noticed for three months?

    Try trawling the registry for the shares - it fixed a similar problem for
    me.
    HTH

    ilmc, Sep 22, 2003
  4. jameson