    and I am unable to share files.
    3-What router security should I use? I have 64 wep, 128 wep and wpa/wpa2 to
    choose from

    Guest, Aug 17, 2007

  2. Hi
    1. Yes you do need software Firewall on each computer.
    This page would explain the reason, http://ezlan.net/firewall.html
    2. From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    WEP64____(Easy, to "Brake" by knowledgeable people).
    WEP128___(Hard, but possible to Brake).
    WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Brake ).
    WPA-AES__(Not functionally Breakable)
    WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable).
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.
    device with a better one.
    3. Successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 18, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks, I have some homework to do.

    Guest, Aug 18, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    How do I get rid of all the networks that the network wizard setup that do
    not work?
    Should the shared files folder be accessable through my computer or network
    places?

    Guest, Aug 18, 2007
  5. Hi
    1. Delete the icons that cab be deleted and relax, after few hours the rest
    would disappear by it self.
    2. You can share through the computer or and network places.
    The easiest is to map the drives/folders,
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html#map
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 18, 2007