    0
    Im using a local wifi connection on one computer. I have another computer located in a diffrent room and it does not have a wireless card. I have an ethernet cord(Cat 5 i think) that is long enough to reach both. I also have a d-link 624 wirless/wired router and an extra cord if needed. Is there anyway I can get internet on both computers through the local wifi? If so, how? Please be specific!

    Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
    WiFiNetworkin, Aug 14, 2006

  2. WiFiNetworkin

    WiFiNetworkin

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    What I have so far.
    1)Set Lan To have others to connect through it.
    2)Bridge Lan and Wifi connections.
    3)Connect cat5 cord from ethernet port on computer with wi-fi to WAN on router
    4)Connect another Cat5 cord from lan side of router to computer.

    Faults: These may be problems
    -The problems with this is I do not have a crossover cat5 cord. So I may have to change some settings to make that work but I do not know how.
    [or]
    -Also I may have to connect the strait-through cat5 cord to the lan part of the router and set up my router so it can effectively be used as a hub.

    I am unsure of both of these. Can anybody help?

    WiFiNetworkin, Aug 15, 2006