Shared ADSL fine but network blind?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Steve Campbell, Oct 9, 2004.

  1. Sorry if this is asking the obvious but I'm a networking
    newbie I'm afraid.

    I've just got a 2Mb ADSL connection and have set up a
    Kcorp KLG-575 (108+G) wireless router and a D-Link 300T
    modem serving:

    XP (HE) SP2 desktop - ethernet connection to the router
    XP (HE) SP2 laptop - wireless 108+ connection

    1/. Both computers access the ADSL connection just fine
    but how on earth do I get them to be able to see each
    other so I can access each other's files? I set up the
    router on its web based interface and am currently running
    it on 64 bit WEP.

    2/. I've set MAC filtering for just these 2 machines
    alone. Will this stop another outsider logging on
    wirelessly to the router?

    Many thanks.

    Steve

    Steve Campbell, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Steve Campbell

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Since you are able to use the Internet your Wireless components are OK.
    You have a File Sharing problem,
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Oct 10, 2004