    Rick Guest

    Windows xp has MSHOME and Windows 7 has "homegroup".

    How do I get them to access each others files?!

    Rick, Aug 21, 2010

  2. Rick

    Rick Guest

    No def found for hTH.

    Rick, Aug 21, 2010

  3. Rick

    Mike Easter Guest

    You can rename the XP workgroup. You can rename the Win7 workgroup. You
    can rename both machines' workgroup/s. You can make both machines'
    workgroup be named 'Rick'. Or 'Ick'.

    http://www.nirmaltv.com/2010/04/01/how-to-change-the-workgroup-in-windows-7/

    How to Change the Workgroup in Windows 7

    Mike Easter, Aug 21, 2010
  4. Rick

    VanguardLH Guest

  5. Rick

    Rick Guest

    "On your Windows 7 computer, click the Start button at the bottom left of the screen, then go to the Control Panel and choose Network and Sharing
    Center. Click the link under "view your active networks" (if you've set up a Homegroup,the link should say "home network").
    In the next window choose "Work network" that will switch you from a homegroup to a workgroup so your two computers can talk to each other. Before you
    can network the computers, you must assign the same workgroup name to both of them and SHARE folders in Explorer"
    -anon

    Rick, Aug 21, 2010