Share one WiFi adapter with 2 Ethernet adapters

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by larryjbjr, Jul 9, 2013.

1. larryjbjr

larryjbjr

Ok, a question. I have a Dell Server with 4 Ethernet jacks on the back and a Wireless card as well. I am running windows 7 Pro 64bit.

The server is located in a place where it would be difficult to run Ethernet cable from router, hence the Wireless adapter which supplies internet for server.

I currently have OpenVPN on the server, and share the wireless adapter with the virtual TAP adapter so that VPN users can go thru the server to access internet.

Next to the server is a PC which has no wireless adapter. I am trying to setup so that I can run network cable from one of the Ethernet adapters on the server to the other PC and share the internet with it. But, since I am currently sharing the wireless adapter with the TAP adapter, Windows will not allow me to either share or bridge the other Ethernet into the group.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Is there maybe some 3rd party software that will allow me to do it maybe?

larryjbjr, Jul 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. larryjbjr

larryjbjr

Anybody have any suggestions?

larryjbjr, Jul 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question