  1. Soup

    Soup Guest

    Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

    Soup, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Soup

    Boomer Guest

    Have you searched for any sites yet?

    Boomer, Sep 24, 2003

  3. Soup

    Soup Guest

    Yup google searches for " seven seas" ; oceans+names+history ;
    oceans+names ; oceans+"seven seas" etc
    indeed all I can think off, but none of them seem to say the seven seas
    contain the NORTH atlantic SOUTH atlantic NORTH pacific SOUTH pacific
    (although those are oceans I have always believed they were part of the
    seven seas.)
    [proof for a quiz, no biggy]

    Soup, Sep 24, 2003
  4. The seven seas are the North Atlantic, South Atlantic, North Pacific,
    South Pacific, Indian, Antarctic, and Arctic Oceans.

    Steven Pilbeam, Sep 24, 2003
  5. Soup

    Boomer Guest

    "7 seas"+names Third link down?

    Boomer, Sep 24, 2003
  6. Soup

    Soup Guest

    Thanks all.

    Soup, Sep 24, 2003
  7. Soup

    Soup Guest

    Thats what I thought Steven but it is good to have it confirmed.

    Soup, Sep 24, 2003
  8. Soup

    gangle Guest

    --- , ------ , --

    gangle, Sep 24, 2003
  9. Soup

    Patrick Guest

    Heres all I could find (that wasn't about Crueses or Sinbad).

    http://www.whoi.edu/info/seven-seas.html

    Patrick, Sep 24, 2003
  10. Soup

    Soup Guest

    Yup most of the sites I looked at were about "Seven seas "cruises or about
    the film "Sinbad and the seven seas".
    Hadn't thought about the "ancient" meaning of seven just assumed the "seven
    seas" were,
    the north and south Atlantic
    the north and south Pacific
    the Indian