SetupAPI fails to find pscript5.dll on Vista 64Bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Markus, Aug 22, 2007.

  1. Markus

    Markus Guest

    Hello,

    I am installing a PostScript Printer Driver (pscript5.dll + .ppd) using a
    custom inf file.
    It should install on all current operating systems (Windows 2000, XP, 2003
    Server, Vista) and as well on x86 and x64 Systems.

    I use the Setup API to install it from a windows installer package.

    It installs well on x86 Windows without prompting for files.
    But when I install on x64 Windows (32 Bit install program), it fails to find
    pscript5.dll.

    Even if i add C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\X64 to the source list
    programmatically (using SetupAddToSourceList), it will come up with a prompt
    asking me for it's location. If I select
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\X64 (which is already in the list), it
    will install.

    Driver installs well (on x64 and x86) when it is installed manually using
    the Add Printer Wizard.

    Has anyone an idea how to fix that weird behavior?

    Nice regards,
    Markus

    Markus, Aug 22, 2007

  2. Markus

    Guest Guest

    Markus:
    I am not an expert in these issues but it could just happen that the 32-bit
    installer is redirected by Vista x64 to
    "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\spool\drivers\x64\" instead of
    "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\"
    Carlos

    Guest, Aug 23, 2007