    channel, but it still listens to other channels.

    Thanks,

    Henrik.

    Henrik, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Henrik

    Dave Guest

    well if you are in the usa you should use the usa standard. if you are in
    europe you should use the europe standard. to use the wrong one may cause
    interferance to other radio services that use that part of the spectrum.

    Dave, Jun 2, 2005

  3. Henrik

    Pavel A. Guest

    AFAIK only the card manufacturer can help you here
    The list of allowed channels may be hardcoded in cards sold in specific region.
    If so, nobody except the manufacturer can unlock other channels.
    Device manager or any hacking in the configuration parameters won't help.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Jun 2, 2005
  4. Henrik

    oldguy Guest

    Hi Henrik,

    I believe that adjusting your AP to a lower channel such as 11 will enable
    all the wireless clients to connect. Usually the wireless cards scan the
    spectrum and show you all the available AP's. Cards that support only the
    USA standard can obviosly scan within their limits, so channel 14 would
    never be detected.

    Most of the wireless cards supporting multiple regions have a setting in the
    advanced settings area of their driver which allows you to set the area. It
    can be helpful.

    Good Luck,

    Engin

    oldguy, Jun 3, 2005