Setup question: WAN Router & vpn / fw-router+++

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tekjockey, Jun 13, 2005.

  1. tekjockey

    tekjockey Guest

    Hi all...

    I have this simple setup question that I'm trying to understand.

    Scenario

    Site A:
    ----inside network----[fw router]-------[wan router]---T1--internet

    Site B:
    ----inside network----[fw router]-------[wan router]---T1--internet

    I'm trying to understand how IP addressing work in this setup, where I
    am looking to establish a VPN/IPSEC tunnel between the FW routers of
    Site A and B. Also, the FW router will be doing NAT for remote user
    vpn dialup.

    When ordering internet connection from telco, do I ask for 2 public
    subnets for each site? (one for wan router to internet and other for
    network between fw-router and wan-router) That way the fw-router will
    always be reachable via internet so vpn can establish?

    Any thoughts or insights would be gladly appreciated. Thanks.

    tekjockey, Jun 13, 2005